History | Interesting Facts | Statement of Condition | Location & Hours
The State Bank of Delphos is a locally owned community bank serving Ottawa and Cloud Counties in north central Kansas with three locations: State Bank of Delphos, Delphos; Ottawa County Bank, Minneapolis; and State Bank of Delphos, Glasco.
The State Bank of Delphos was chartered in 1880. Frank M. Sexton organized the bank along with fellow banker George N. Billings. The Billings family guided the Bank until 1982 when Roger B. Billings, George’s grandson, sold his majority interest in the Bank. In 1986, Thomas D. McGavran formed a local group from Delphos to purchase the State Bank of Delphos. The new ownership group elected Tom to be President of the Bank and he has held the position ever since.
In June 1991, the State Bank of Delphos purchased the Ottawa county Bank building and reopened the Ottawa County Bank as a branch of the State Bank of Delphos. The Glasco Branch of the State Bank of Delphos was opened in July 2006. Both facilities are full service branches offering loans and deposits of all types, safe deposit boxes, a drive-up window and night depository.